Thursday, November 27, 2014

Why BE Grateful?

Jacqueline at age 2
"If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily."Gerald Good

Why BE Grateful?
Eating chocolate is still one of my favorite treats. I was grateful then and I'm grateful now for chocolate. Why? I tastes good; I feel energized and fulfilled when I eat it.

But really why be grateful?
Research tells us that when we are grateful, we are happier. 

People who are grateful have more energy, enthusiasm and are more likely to help others; they also have lower incidents of depression and stress. 

So here are some of the things I'm grateful for today:
  • My boys because they keep me laughing and on my toes.
  • My family and friends because they keep me connected. 
  • My health, which has challenged me a bit this year, but has allowed me to do all I want to do.
  • My abilities that spark my creative genius and keep my life very interesting.
  • My students and readers who give me an opportunity to share what I've learned and synthesized. 
  • and finally my past, which made me who I am.
pyrite touchstone
Each night before sleep I have a little ritual I perform. I keep a rock on my nightstand, a touchstone. I pick it up before I switch off the light. It's smooth so I run my fingers over it and say what I am grateful for and why.

What are you grateful for and why? Tell me.

#grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment