Thursday, June 11, 2015

How Messages Confirm

As I sat down to write yesterday morning, a sweet, yellow finch began to peck at my window. I looked up the significance of finch in North American Folk lore and read that finches signify- joy, energy, simplicity and enjoying the journey. The message was clear for me, enjoy the simple things in life's journey, those things that energize and bring me joy.

Reading signs or messages can be a bit of a challenge especially if we're not use to interpreting our thoughts, feelings and those synchronistic events.

You may be wondering what this has to do with yoga.

The busy-ness of many people in our technological society, interferes with our innate knowingness, our connecting with ourselves, quietly each moment, each day.

Yoga and meditation give us the opportunity to slow down, to recognize thoughts and feelings and to decipher each experience in a given movement.

Let's take a look at our chakra of will, the manipura-gem chakra, for a moment. Place your hand on your solar plexus, just under your rib cage and 4 fingers above the navel.

To connect with your gut feelings, you can sit quietly for a few minutes each day with your hand here. The seed sound for this chakra is Ram, pronounced rum. Softly repeat this sound with your hand on the chakra. Then, listen. What do you feel? What do you hear? Taking a few minutes each day can help you reconnect to

I can recall numerous accounts of knowing throughout my life. The difference for me now is that I listen to them. If I am unsure, I wait until the message is clear. I look for a confirmation from my body. Some of you may receive your confirmation in another way. I am very kinesthetic and I use my body for a living. The most important part is to take a few moments to be quiet each day.

If you are interested in delving more deeply into your feelings, you might check out my Virtual and Local Desire Mapping Workshops. 

I'd love to hear about your experiences, your ways of knowing and other ways you connect to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment