Thursday, October 9, 2014

One-pointed focus: Meditation

quiet space

"Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind." Patanjali

We are so busy that many of us cannot fathom stopping to "just do nothing." Yet, what we need most is peace and quiet to nourish our deepest selves. 

When did we move so far away from being into doing? I don't know. I spent a lot of time with my brothers and cousins outside, in nature, pretending, looking at stars and fireflies. Now there is fear attached to not being busy. Are we afraid of our potential?

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.” ~Marianne Williamson

I invite you to join me in 5 minutes of quieting your mind by focusing on your breath. If you like this, you might want more with my 28-day online meditation course and challenge to build a home practice, "Spark your Creative Genius."

Enjoy! I'd love to hear about your experience; any questions you have about meditation or more that you'd like to see.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline ~ I found your blog while searching for yoga blogs and have been poking around and reading some of your lovely posts. Just wanted to leave a comment and say hello, and Namaste! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, Thank you for reading, commenting and complimenting. I checked out your blog as well. You have great pics and content. Have a great day and check in again some time soon.

    ReplyDelete