Thursday, February 19, 2015

DIY Cleansers that Work2

I know, people ask me why I write about things like "Do It Yourself" cleaning products, food preparation, cleansing, gardening, etc. Well, bottom line is I want to share all I know about taking care of your body, your mind your spirit, your home, your family and the planet.

I love finding new ideas and tweaking them so that they do the work I want them to. Have you ever taken a look at the labels on your household cleansers? It hard to recognize most of the ingredients. Now some of the ingredients you may know, but since they are using the scientific name, you may not recognize it. I have and I have a Master's Degree in Science and I have trouble knowing what many of the ingredients are.

It's just as important to pay attention to what goes into our bodies as to what we put on it and the chemicals we inhale.

Many naturally occurring substances can be harmful in large quantities, if exposed to the skin or if swallowed. Just because something says "natural" does not make it safe. Some of you may not have time to investigate or test things out. I'm happy to do that for you. 

I am presenting about DIY natural cleansers that work on February 26, at 6:30 pm at REAL Foods in SugarHouse, SLC, UT. It's free to attend and $7 if you'd like to take home the products that we make. (That mostly covers the cost of the containers.) 
Below I have my favorite granite and marble cleaner. I used to pay $10 for a 12 oz. spray bottle of cleanser. Now it barely costs anything to clean and disinfect my countertops!

You need to know that VINEGAR and LEMON JUICE (both acids) will corrode and breakdown your natural stone. DO NOT use them on your counter's.

GRANITE CLEANER
1/4 c alcohol (rubbing or cheap vodka)
10 drops essential oil of your choice (for smell)
3-5 drops of liquid Castile soap

Place all ingredients in 16 oz spray bottle. Fill the rest of the bottle with water. Shake and spray.
Enjoy and let me know how it works! #DIYNaturalCleansers

No comments:

Post a Comment