Friday, April 18, 2014

Procrastination--10 Foolproof tips

I love making lists and even more than writing the list, I love, love, love crossing things off. I have even been known to write things on the list I already completed just so I could cross something off. Scary I know.

Because I like to get things done, I am productive most of the time. It's those prickly, uncomfortable things that I don't want to do--the dreaded phone call, selling myself, the book I don't want to read, but have to--that seem to be repeatedly on the list until finally I just do it. 

I was talking to a friend about this and she said, "That's the first thing I do so that it's not hanging over my head." I thought that was an amazingly simple and effective solution. I went home after that talk determined to get some of those not so pleasing things done; I made the call. What a relief! 

I am learning new skills and becoming a business person with some help. 

The book still rests in the to be read pile, which keeps growing because there are so many books I want to read and not enough time to read then.

I came across this article and thought it might help those of you who have my same procrastination gene.

10 Foolproof Tips for Overcoming Procrastination

Post image for 10 Foolproof Tips for Overcoming Procrastination
…and the very best tip is the easiest (hint: it’s the first one).
Procrastination has been extensively studied by psychologists, probably because they have some world-class procrastinators close at hand: students. Read more

Happy reading!  I'd love to hear some of your solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment